Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Didier Cuche


I have just retured from a 2500km circle tour from Rossland to Lake Louise to Whistler. With limited time and internet access I have fallen behind on the blog. A few of my adventures from this trip coming up. I was conducting Instructor training sessions at Lake Louise and Whistler. Lake Louise was particularily interesting because the World Cup was on.

I like to be well prepared emotionally and physically for my training sessions. At the Fall Convention at the Chateau Lake Louise I was preparing physically for the day (or planned to), with a ride on the bike in the gym. The bike I planned on using was occupied by a Didier Cuche (Worlds Nuber 2 ranked skier). He saw my look, yet did not relinquish my bike telling me he would be another 6 minutes. I patiently explained to him that he was not the only one in the gym with an important athletic event to prepare for. He just kept on spinning....Ski Instructors just get no respect!


3 comments:

Greg said...

He only got to where he is thanks to instructors! Bastard!

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I was amazed and just about to congratulate you on your 2500km cycle tour from Rossland to Lake Louise to Whistler.
Then I realised what you had actually written was your 2500km 'circle tour'.
Now that would have really been some trip :-)
Off to book an appointment at the opticians...........
Paul

Ricky B said...

Just discovered your blog. I'm finding the perspectives interesting in snowsports instructors' blogs. I added a link to your blog in my sidebar. I started my blog a little before last year and found it difficult to keep up the blog during the ski season. I'm going to try harder this year. Good luck with yours and have a great season. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Is the CSIA Course Conductor similar to PSIA's Trainer's Accredition?