Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thigh Deep Pow (for Simon)

Christmas Eve. It has been snowing all day, the type of snow where there is no resistance noticed as you walk through it. I am not sure exactly how much we got but Simon (four years old) was thigh deep a lot of the time today and he was LOVIN IT!! and that is just the snow that has fallen since 9:00 this morning.

I had a great little video clip of this but had trouble uploading.

Since I was skiing with the kids all day I did not get to experience Granite Mountain in its entirety. Reports from up high varied, some said it was great, while others complained that there was no base under the pow. Personally, I would not have ventured far off piste for safety sake.

Rossland is a Christmas postcard tonight, it is minus 9, snowing continuously and there is not a breath of wind. I can't imagine a more perfect place to be at Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone,
Mark

No comments: