Monday, November 24, 2008

Skiing at Lake Louise

I am at Lake Louise and am skiing. I am here for the CSIA Course Conductor training, day two today. There is about the same amount of natural snow here as there is at Red Mountain, but they have snowmaking here so the area is able to open. The skiing is limited to basically one run of reliable snow, but it is probably as good as man made snow can be. We are doing a lot of carving. This is a great way for me to start the season, skiing with really good skiers who I have known for a long time. I will be here through the week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mark, I am Colin and i am going on the 11 week red mountain course, my wife and i arrive in Calgary on the 29th Dec, i see from an earlier blog you just sold your car, we were wanting to buy a car as we have 6 months in Canada, any advise on buying a car in Calgary?
Thanks Colin

Canadian Ski Quest said...

Hi Colin,

Calgary would be a good place to buy a car, go to Calgary craigslist .com You can register and insure it there and drive it in BC. Mini vans are great value, make sure it has winter tires or that you negotiate the cost into the price. These cars are very good value as supply is probably double demand. How much do you want to spend?