Friday, December 19, 2008

NONSTOP Training in Fernie

I skied Fernie on Tuesday/Wednesday, sorry no photo-it was to cold to take my gloves off . Minus 28C, Rosslanders are just not accustomed to it.

Due to the limited base we only skied on the Elk chair (green terrain). This was day 9 on the snow for me. My fellow Rosslanders tell me I should be thankful to just have skied at all (they haven't), but I find myself craving a run down Roots or Booty's. My day will come!!!

Rossland looks great, a winter wonderland. But this has not translated into skiable conditions up high. One of the things that makes Red Mountain the best ski resort in the world is the terrain we have, the downside is that we need more snow than the Big White's and Silverstar's of the world to get going.

Red is open today, Silverload only. More green terrain for me, my edge rolls are becoming very very very refined. In fact a Lifty at Fernie told me my edge rolls were "SICK"! Maybe I'll get into the CSIA manual??? I have to ski something steep very soon........

No comments: