Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CASI Level 2 Day 3

Day three, better conditions today, it was slightly overcast which slowed the melt so even though it was soft on the hill the snow was not so sticky.

We had teaching exams in the morning followed by training through the afternoon where our evaluators showed what they expect from us tomorrow.

I hope to do OK on the teaching side of things.  I guess with 29 years of teaching experience I have a slight advantage over my 21 year old peers.  I got a stellar review on my teaching today, but one never knows.  Having said this there is always room for improvement and evaluator James Hyland was able to point out areas where my teaching could have been made more effective.  It feels good to put myself out there.

My riding skills on the other hand, this could go either way and I am counting on a good focused performance tomorrow to pull me through.  I felt terrible on the board for most of the day, until I got up to the top of the whitepass chair after we were dismissed.  I managed to put together my best ever riding, I felt great on the board.  So I hope to be able to pull that off consistently tomorrow.

No comments: