Monday, April 7, 2014

30 Days

I have decided to make an attempt at skiing for 30 days starting from the day after Red Mountain's closing day.  I have done this before (successfully) and it was great for my fitness and skiing motivation.  So here goes attempt number two.  I am really not sure if I will be able to do it as I do not have the next 30 days planned, I may or may not be in Rossland for the next month but i am going to try.

Red Mountain closed on Sunday under outstanding conditions, full coverage, not a rock to be found and unfortunately very little interest in skiing from the public, I guess golfing and biking are on the move now but I find myself at the end of the 2014 season wanting more.

My self imposed rules to my challenge are:

"skiing" includes:

Skiing at a resort that is still open
Ski Touring
Snowboarding
Cross Country Skiing

Today was successful as I am in Fernie.  Fernie is open for another week.  I am here maintaining my  commitment to professional development, I am taking the CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) Level 2 course.  Day 1 today and I was not laughed off the mountain so a good start.  I am the oldest participant in the course by 20+ years.