Saturday, May 14, 2011

30/30 Peace

I had a slow hike up Red today, skiing seemed out of place on a day like today. It was almost like a summer day in Rossland. It was 17C at the mountain but everything was still fully covered. The torrents of water that were under the snow are now on top of the snow, I had to weave my way around them on the way up, seasons are changing fast. It was a very peaceful feeling at the top, I guess knowing that this is day 30 had something to do with it. This challenge was a good thing for me to do, it definitely expanded my horizons, happy to have done it. I am still looking at doing the Seven Summits trail next week. For tomorrow, I will be on my bike.

2 comments:

Robert Impey said...

Well done for completing this challenge!

Happy Dog Ski Team said...

Mark - great job. Inspiration for those of us sitting at our desks.