Wednesday, May 4, 2011

20/30 Paulson Cross Country Ski Area



The Paulson Cross Country Ski Area is 30 km north of Rossland and is run by the Castlegar Cross Country Ski Club. I have live here for 14 years and I am somewhat embarrassed to say that today was my first time skiing there. This has been a bonus of taking on this challenge, exposure to new experiences. As I was skiing today the the thought that kept crossing my mind was "I just can't believe I have not been here before". I am discovering my own backyard.

The area is quite extensive, I skied about 15 km today and really only skied a small portion of the area. I got a bit more than I bargained for. I committed to a 15 km loop which is feasible for me, but the snow got softer and softer as the day warmed up and as I got further and further from the car. The skiing got a lot more difficult just when I was getting more tired. It was a big workout and I expect to sleep well tonight.

No comments: