Tuesday, May 3, 2011

19/30 Red Mountain Night Ski


Today was a day that just got away from me. I forgot about a Rossland Skatepark association meeting at 6:45, so my planed evening ski turned into a night ski. I started hiking at 8:00 and reached the top of Red at 8:53. It was great to be up there at that time. The top photo is the lights of Trail, it did not come out of course, but it was quite beautiful.

I skied down War Eagle and lower Red Towers. I expanded my skiing horizons tonight. The snow conditions were definitely the most challenging I have ever skied. The crust was about 4 cm thick with little supporting snow underneath it. Jump turns all the way, and it was imperative to land each turn dead on center. I loved it! It took me 17 minutes to get down Red Mountain.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Did you use lights?

Canadian Ski Quest said...

Hi Greg,
No lights just feel. It was pretty sketchy!