Thursday, January 8, 2009

CSQ Pro in Training


This post is for anyone participating in the Feb 7-14 Canadian Ski Quest week. Canadian Ski Quest Pro Mike Manara is in training for it, so get ready or hope you are not in his group. Apparently his main tactic this season for his physical conditioning and for his teaching style is DODGEBALL. "I find the Dodge Ball image provides the ideal type of intimidation needed for motivating my students to make changes in their skiing technique" states Manara "If they are having trouble understanding a concept or if I perceive a lack of effort I just pull out the Dodge Ball. Results are immediate"!
We will see if the CSIA follows Manara's lead.

1 comment:

Greg said...

The way I see it, this puts a different spin on the whole connecting with your students thing.

I like it.