Wednesday, November 5, 2008

42 Year Old Ski Instructor Schooled by Teenagers


We are two months into the Freeskiing Academy Dry land training program. We have reached a point where the athletes have surpassed the coaches (speaking for myself, not Dylan) in terms of physical fitness. The part for me that is hard to accept is the rate at which the athletes physical fitness increases in comparison to mine. In September I was definitely setting the pace on runs. Both the athletes and I have been on the same training program, but I have been going to the gym in the mornings as well. Even so, I am now at a stage where I am trying to keep a brave face during training as the kids set the pace. I keep up, but during stretching Mark is the guy drenched in sweat while the kids look as though they have not done anything yet.
I take comfort in knowing that my basic parallel turn demonstrations must be superior.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The only problem is that the program was designed for 16 yr old free skiers... all you need is the program for 42 yr old ski instructors