Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Day 18 Still Going

Simon on the road to Chimo Cabin with his snow skate
 I have still been out everyday, four days since my last post, Cross Country at Strawberry Pass for 3 days and one day at 49 North Ski Resort.  On Sunday with the Red Mountain Freeski Team.  Unfortunately I forgot my phone (camera) and do not have photos of the day there.

It was the first day of the season and I have to give 49 North credit for their opening efforts.  If it is possible to ski 49 will open.  The conditions up high were good, if one stayed on piste I would even say they were mid winter like.  Off piste was pretty much closed and the runs I did venture off-piste on were baseless, in that I sunk through to the ground (which is obviously why they were closed).  Still it was a fantastic day.  I had 13 skiers with me, all super excited to be skiing again.  We all got a great skiing workout through the day.


Early Season Powder

Chimo Cabin

No comments: