Saturday, November 12, 2016

CSIA Course Conductor Training-on snow

Warren Jobbitt on Great Divide run
 I am in Banff for the 2017 CSIA course Conductor Training.  We were skiing at Sunshine Village today.  It is always a good way for me to start the season, skiing with old friends and great skiers. 

The conditions were far better than I expected having heard reports from skiers who I think were comparing it to skiing in spring.  Of course the skiing in November does not compare, but I skied the whole day without hitting a single rock.  I will say that I was keeping my eyes open though.





This was day 2 of my challenge, so I am at 2 of 29, however I can not see a way for me to be able to ski tomorrow, this challenge may be short lived or may have to be adjusted.  We are indoors in Banff tomorrow and there is no snow in the valley at all, I had thought I could ski around the town on my X country gear, usually this would be an option.  I even took a drive up to Mt. Norquay thinking that might be a solution, but no go. 


As you can see from the photos though the conditions up high are just fine.
Heather Robertson


1 comment:

Greg said...

Get some ice cubes from a few freezers. That should give you at least a metre of Australian-style skiing.