Friday, November 11, 2016

Blog Revival-29 Day Challenge

It is great to ski right from the highway
Ok, I am going to attempt to revive the Canadian Ski Quest blog.  I will do this with a project/goal.

Starting today I will attempt to ski everyday for 29 days until Red Mountain opens on December 10.  In the past I have skied everyday for 30 days after Red Mountain closed, so this is a variation on that.  I am actually not sure I will be able to do it since the only snow around Red Mountain these days is up very high. 

I am in Banff currently and will be skiing at Sunshine tomorrow.  So tomorrow is taken care of, but the day after that I have indoor CSIA training in Banff and there is no snow around here so that will be a challenge as well.  I will be creative, I am going to count any kind of sliding on snow workout as skiing for a day.

On my way here today I stopped at Kootenay Pass and skied on my cross country skis to the new Lightning Strike Cabin.  I'd love to book it sometime. 

There has been quite a bit of snow up there but it is has been melting so conditions were marginal, particularly coming down.  On the way up I thought I might be walking down, but I managed to ski the whole thing.  The word "graceful would not have been used to describe my first decent of season 2017.  But it was great to get out there, definitely a ski I will remember, so this challenge is already paying off.

Not bad!
Stream crossing-yes I skied in my blue jeans.
The New Lightning Strike Cabin


No comments: