Tuesday, November 12, 2013

CSIA Course Conductor Indoor Training

 Jonathan and I have just been in Banff for the annual CSIA Course Conductor training.  This training is to qualify level 4 instructors to conduct CSIA certification courses for the 2014 season.  I missed the photo op but Canadian Ski Quest pros Mike Manara and Wendy McIntyre were there as well.

The usual question I get now is "how was the skiing"?  Unfortunately we did not get to ski, the training has been split into two different events, on snow (later this month) and indoor which we have just been through.  So photo on the rights is about as much sports action as there was.



The training was great but I kind fell like I have just done a day of lift accessed mountain biking, as in I got into the topic but left unsatisfied.  It was odd to be in Banff with the ski areas open and not ski.  Unfortunately Jonathan had to be at work today (damm his dedication), so could not even ski on our own.  Self imposed I guess, we will have to organized it better next year.  So I am still looking forward to day 1 on skis.

Photo of Jon on the way to the training, the view was inspiration, always nice to be in Banff.

No comments: