Monday, December 10, 2012

Private Snowboard Paradise

 Thanks Red Mountain for being open today.  For all 34 of us.  Obviously an exaggeration, there must have been a few more people on the mountain than that but I did have the feeling that I was part of some kind of exclusive club today.  Incredible conditions and the runs were all ours.

I went snowboarding today with Nonstop graduate Steve Thorne.  Steve and his partner Sarah have settled in Rossland, in fact they have just bought a house here last month. 

Steve is now a Snowboard Pro @ Red Mountain, going for his Level 3 exams this season.  His riding looks ready to me and if the improvement he made in my limited riding skills is any indication, he is also ready for the teaching component.
 Check out the trees behind Steve, winter is on.
Me on a snowboard, still not able to hide the fact that I am a skier on a different tool.  Working on it!  This photo was taken on Ruby Tuesday, one of the most popular runs on Paradise Side.  Not that you can tell from the empty state of the run behind me.

No comments: