Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blackjack Ski Club

 I went Cross Country today.  One of the challenges of the start of the season is finding all your gear.  I found my three pin boots, which I have had for 25 years, my poles, but no skis.  Then I remembered that on my last day out in April I broke a binding and delivered my skis to the dump (I am not what you would call and avid cross country skier).

Rossland solution-today is Wednesday: thrift store open!  It took me about two minutes to find a pair of Kharu 220 cm skis complete with fish scales and three pin bindings.  No price on them; so I cautiously took them to the checkout where a lovely elderly lady very closely looked them over and then said "three bucks"!   No tax either.

It was nice to see quite a few skiers on the trails, but I can't say crowds were a problem.
In winter the snow is usually level with the deck on Gibbard's Cabin.

No comments: