Tuesday, October 23, 2012

First 2013 Turns

 I had my first turns of the 2013 season today.  I am feeling great.  What an early start!

I drove up to Strawberry Pass, although I could have skied in Rossland-we had 35 cm in town.

I had to stay on the trails, when I ventured off trail my skis got tangled in sticks.  But on the trails I was touching nothing but snow.
 One odd thing about skiing in October is that the trees still have not lost all their foliage.

I had first tracks all the way, good snow.
 My ski touring partner Betsey.  For the most part she was super excited.  she was getting over it by the time I took this photo.
My first 4 turns of the season.  About a million more to come.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Looks like a great start for the 2012/13 season!

Skia said...

What an early start!Betsey is so cute.Thanks for sharing.