Monday, April 18, 2011

4/30 Fernie All by Myself

I am in Fernie for the NONSTOP Course Directors wrap up meeting, this is an annual event for me. Important stuff, but meetings like this certainly are a challenge for 10 outdoors oriented people who commit to be inside for 9 hours. Thankfully I have my challenge going on, this got me out to Fernie Alpine Resort at 6:30 AM. I hiked with my Snowboard to the top of the Elk Chair. Fernie closed yesterday, but it looks like it could keep going for a long time yet. I usually ski Fernie in December and have probably skied this run over 200 times. In December it is narrow, crowded, barely covered with man-made ice, and is rock and stick strewn. Today it was empty, totally covered, and topped off with 1cm of overnight fluff. An easy run, but it definitely made my indoor time more bearable today.

No comments: