Sunday, August 23, 2009

No Skiing for Mark


Well I guess this photo shows what my role in New Zealand this year will be. I tried skiing yesterday at Porters Ski Field. Not much luck. Although I felt no pain leading up to my skiing attempt, I definitely did on my first turn. I only skied one run, on the beginner slop. The first turn put me in my place, my knee is no where near ready to ski. Oh well, I am just happy to be back in NZ anyway. Since 2004, being here has become part of my annual routine.

Everything is going well, the people on tour are just excellent people to spend time with. Mike is skiing with everyone, so they do have somewhat of an inspiration on the slopes.

We should be able to post some photos tonight.

cheers,
Mark

2 comments:

Greg said...

Try one-ski skiing! You'd probably ski better on one ski than most people can on two. :-)

Canadian Ski Quest said...

Bette than Mike Manara anyway!