Thursday, March 5, 2009

Injury Update

I am hanging around my room today, while everyone else is either skiing or doing the snowmobile tour to Yellowstone Park.

What happened yesterday. I skied over a small jump and must have landed a bit off balance, my left ski released and impacted my right knee. The impact ruptured the tendon that runs over the kneecap. I can not lift my leg. I am going in for surgery tomorrow here in Jackson Hole and I am told the recovery time will be 3-4 months. I have accepted what has happened and am focused on the recovery process. This is my first debilitating skiing injury since 1993 and this includes 10 back to back skiing seasons, so I really can't complain.

This video clip was taken just before the incident.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just get home and left you for 5 mins and look what happens, I knew I should have gone onto Jackson Hole to make sure you wear your award that we gave you last Friday. We awarded it to you to prevent such falls :).

On a more serious note, we all wish you a full and speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on your progress. Warmest Regards Alan