Sunday, March 1, 2009

Excellent Question?

We were having breakfast this morning in a cafe in front of the Silver Mountain Gondola. Nice setting-Gondola cars going by every 30 seconds with an Idaho landscape in the background.

One of the guests asked me: "Is that the gondola that takes us to Silver Mountain?" Usually my guest service principals hold me in check, but on these tours perhaps I relax a bit (too much). My response to the excellent question was: "No we are taking a different gondola, I don't know where that one goes."

A Canadian Ski Quest T-Shirt goes to the first person who correctly guesses who asked the question.

Silver received 36 inches of snow on Friday, that right over a meter! So we were somewhat excited about what the conditions would be like. The gondola ride is that long that you can not determine the conditions from the base area. They did get a lot of new snow, but it must have been quite warm because everything was quite compacted, and it was a warm day on the mountain, about 5C. We did manage to find some untouched snow after a lengthy traverse and a bit of effort. But definitely a worthwhile effort. We are off to Missoula Montana in about an hours time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I know I know! Grant right?

Anonymous said...

ok,
so i am not a morning person..
and anyways,
there is supposed to be a great water park around there somewhere..

Anonymous said...

What size t shirt PIP?
mark

Anonymous said...

Medium thanks Mark..

A water park? In Idaho? Hey Mark, maybe you shouldn't let Grant navigate..

P