Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rossland Politics

We have a civic election coming up in Rossland and I am concerned! Below is a comment I left on the Rossland Telegraph website. We have a lot of independently wealthy dreamers living in Rossland who want the place never to ever change. But the town can't just keep getting smaller for an increasingly prilvileged few.

Just recieved Kathy Moores pamphlet for a position on council. I congratulate her on a very professional presentation. However I would ask if the photo of Rossland she has chosen is indicative of her vision for Rossland? The first thing I notice is that we live in a beautiful town, the next is that the streets are empty. While vacant streets may be idilic for some, the economic reality is that unless we become a community composed of independantly wealthy citizens, the viability of living in Rossland will become difficult. The fact that Kathy Moore did not notice this, or did and chose the photo anyway, is cause for concern for me.

No comments: