Monday, November 12, 2012

Spokane Snowlander Expo

I worked the Spokane Snowlander Expo over the weekend with Fran Richards, Lorilie and Terry Jones, and Keiren Gaul (pictured).  Spokane is an interesting place as a skier market.  Spokane skiers have a lot of choice in where to ski.  Mt. Spokane is quite decent-it blows away expectations of a "local hill", then there is 49 North, Schweitzer, Silver Mountain, Lookout Pass, Whitewater and of course Red Mountain.  I honestly would have a hard time deciding where to ski if I lived there, as a skier I love variety.

I do see a tremendous potential for Red Mountain in Spokane.  Just in talking to skiers at the show who said "I skied there 7 years ago, I would love to go back".  Either people had not heard of Red or they said something along these lines.  That is the thing about Red Mountain, skiers (serious) who have been here want to come back here.  At Red Mountain there is always something to come back for.

No comments: