Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Confidence Ride





On Sunday I went for my first real bike ride since my injury, it was so good for me. I went with my friend Pat Hinds. Pat ran, I rode! We were quite evenly matched. Pat is a 100 miler guy, seriously he races in 100 mile running races, solo. So yes we were evenly matched. Pat was faster than me up the hills but I caught up on the flats and of course left him behind on the decent. We went across the border out of Northport, new territory for both of us. We climbed for about 2.5 hours and were rewarded with thrilling decent into the valley. The scenery shot here was taken two thirds of the way up and we decended all the way to the river you can see (the Columbia).

For me this ride was just what I needed, I finally feel like I am getting my body back. That I am becoming able bodied.

No comments: