Thursday, November 12, 2020

Season 2021


Skiing is on for season 2021.  It feels good to not call it season 2020.   This will be a very different Ski Season for me and for Canadian Ski Quest.  With 97% of Canadian Ski Quest Skiers being international we will miss the usual fun and social dynamic that we have been enjoying for the past 25 winters at Red Mountain.  I'm not sure what the winter will hold for me personally other than I am committing to skiing (including snowboarding) more than ever.  We have had early snow and today was my second day on the XC skis.  My current goal is ski every day from now until Red Mountain Resort opens on December 12.  I will write about experiences and update the conditions on this blog.

Today was a Black Jack Cross Country day, I bought a pass this year and plan to get my money's worth. Conditions are still best described as "early season", today there was I guess about a good 5 cms snow (total).  On every third or fourth stride, I would get excellent grip thanks to the barely covered rocks.  Regardless it definitely feels great to get in a challenging workout in such a beautiful winter environment.




 

No comments: