Monday, January 16, 2012

Simon in the Canadian Open

My son Simon, 7 years old, skied Links Line for the first time this season last week.  I guess he was happy with his run because he then asked if he could enter the competition (The Canadian Open Freeskiing Championship).  "No problem"says dad, and I signed him up.  He was the youngest competitor.  I took him out of school last week for an afternoon so that he could have three or four practice runs.  The first one was to be a "look at it run" skiing it two or three turns at a time.  After the first turns he decided to ski it all.  Which he did, at the bottom he asked to go in for a hot chocolate.  I suggested that he ski it again to which he replied "I don't need to, I have my line".  I went with it and this run is the third time of the season he skied it.  Yes I was a bit of a nervous parent watching.


3 comments:

Maldives Hotels said...

Hi Simon..

That's a nice picture.. Wish I can do the same thing like you..

Bali Hotels said...

The ski is so good..

Jakarta Hotels said...

Thank you for sharing the nice pictures..