Monday, February 15, 2010

Revelstoke Mountain Resort

Day one at Revelstoke today. Even though I have skied here last year I am still surprised at how big this place is. You experience three seasons skiing from top to bottom. Coming into lunch today at the mid mountain lodge, I got myself disoriented in the fog. We had been skiing down for quite a long time. I did not recognise where we were. Based on how much vertical skiing we had covered, I told the group I was skiing with that I must have led them past the mid station and we were skiing to the base. We kept skiing for quite a long time and came out at Mid Station.
Roger Kessner skiing the trees on the Ripper Chair
Roger again, about 2/3's of the way down the mountain and still high above the clouds.
Annette Montgomery and John Bowden skiing the steeps above the tree line.
Leona Edwards through the trees.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Yea Revelstoke is a beautiful place. It absolutely killed my legs. The snow was amazing when I skied it 2 years ago.